This event will be run twice: once from 1-3pm and once from 4-6pm.
TALK BY RESEARCHERS
- What is the Oxford Brain Bank?
- Why is it important to have a brain bank?
- What are the plans for the future?
Come and hear Oxford Brain Bank staff answer these questions during an introductory talk in Seminar Rooms A & B, Level 6 of the West Wing, John Radcliffe Hospital.
This talk will be followed by a tour of the Neuropathology Lab on Level 1 of the West Wing, where you will have the opportunity to:
- Look down a microscope at a healthy and diseased human brain
- See a real human brain
- Observe how tissue is prepared for analysis
- Learn about research projects involving brain bank tissue